Hello



Welcome to 1st vertical a personal
blog about design and other stuff !

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Measured line

Both of these drawings use the same approach despite one being a view of buildings and the the other a life study.
In both I have utilised a basic starting point and worked outwards from the centre. 
I use the relationship between lines / shapes / negative space  to measure where the next one will be. I make new marks very close to the previous one so that the measurements are easily seen. Usually I draw 4 lines close to one another to form an "anchor" in the composition.

I started this drawing of the Square in Cazorla, Spain where the small window is directly above the top of the lamp post. This allowed me to create many realtionships between the walls on adjacent buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment